Get the complete list of Yahoo stock ticker symbols in an Excel spreadsheet – over 238000 ticker symbols for stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, warrants and more, across many international exchanges.
It’s a fantastic resource that is difficult to find elsewhere (certainly not on Yahoo’s website).
Use the tickers with the MarketXLS addin for Excel for live financial quotes in your spreadsheet.
This Excel spreadsheet was updated in January 2015. It is broken down into eight sheets, one each for
- stocks (25242 tickers)
- ETFs (12827 tickers)
- futures (38439tickers)
- indices (32305 tickers)
- mutual funds (27894 tickers)
- currency pairs (3613 tickers)
- warrants (49103 tickers)
- bonds (49104)
That’s 238527 tickers symbols in total.
The spreadsheet is filtered with respect to the exchange, category name, category number (and for stocks, the country). This means you can drill down to get get a list of all the Aerospace & Defense companies in the UK, Germany, US or elsewhere. This is useful for investment research.
You get tickers across all international exchanges, including
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBT), Chicago Merctantile Exchange (CME) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- Sao Paolo Stock Exchange (BOVESPA)
- London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BO) and National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKG) and Chinese stock exchanges (SHZ, SHH)
- European exchanges (including Germany, France, Amsterdam etc)
- Melbourne Stock Exchange (ASX)
- and many others
Now that you have the entire set of Yahoo ticker symbols, you can use the MarketXLS addin for Excel for live financial quotes; simply use the ticker symbol as an argument in one of over 80 functions.
Let’s say you want the market capitalization of Exxon Mobil.
Just enter =MarketCapilization(“XOM”) function into a cell, and hit enter. MarketXLS then imports the live financial data. If you recalculate the spreadsheet, the market cap is updated. Click here to learn more and use coupon code investexcel for an exclusive 20% discount.