Get the complete list of Yahoo stock ticker symbols in an Excel spreadsheet – over 58000 ticker symbols for stocks, ETFs, mutual funds and more, across many international exchanges.
It’s a fantastic resource that is difficult to find elsewhere (certainly not on Yahoo’s website).
This Excel spreadsheet was compiled in November 2013. It is broken down into six sheets, one each for
- stocks (14935 tickers)
- ETFs (9683 tickers)
- futures (13232 tickers)
- indices (11860 tickers)
- mutual funds (4919 tickers)
- currency pairs (3613 tickers)
That’s 58242 tickers symbols in total.
The spreadsheet is filtered with respect to the exchange, category name, category number (and for stocks, the country). This means you can drill down to get get a list of all the Aerospace & Defense companies in the UK, Germany, US or elsewhere. This is useful for investment research.
Here’s the data in an embedded Google doc, but the download link for the Excel spreadsheet is at the bottom of this post.
You get tickers across all international exchanges, including
- Chicago Board of Trade (CBT), Chicago Merctantile Exchange (CME) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
- Sao Paolo Stock Exchange (BOVESPA)
- London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BO) and National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
- Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKG) and Chinese stock exchanges (SHZ, SHH)
- European exchanges (including Germany, France, Amsterdam etc)
- and many others